Comparative Medicine supports the research activities of TaARI and McMaster faculty, postdoctoral fellows, residents, and students by fostering a comprehensive program of quality animal care. CM ensures humane care and use of all laboratory animals, provides technical information and training in conjunction with the Central Animal Facility at McMaster University.
Responsibilities and Services provided by CM include:
- Provision of a Canadian Council on Animal Care Good Animal Practice accredited facility
- Consultation and collaboration with research personnel to assist in research project planning and model development
- Training programs in conjunction with the McMaster Central Animal Facility
- Animal procurement
- Provision of daily animal husbandry
- Provision of animal health surveillance
- Provision of veterinary care and technical support
Here is a link to the TaARI Comparative Medicine website.